The CLEMCO APOLLO 600 HIGH PRESSURE SUPPLIED AIR RESPIRATOR is a type CE, continuous-flow respirator as defined by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for abrasive blasting and is designed to be used with a respirable compressed air source.OVERVIEW:
The CLEMCO APOLLO 600 High Pressure [HP] Supplied Air Respirator is designed for use with compressed air.
It meets OSHA standards for respiratory protection and air noise limitations.
It protects the blast operator’s head from rebounding abrasive and impact hazards.
In addition, the Apollo 600’s heavy-duty cape protects the operator’s upper body from rebounding abrasive.
REQUIREMENTS for OPERATION:
• A source of Grade D level (or better) compressed breathing air, as defined by the Compressed Gas Association specification G-7.1
• Sufficient volume of compressed air for breathing: 15 cfm at 65 to 100 psi when using ACV; or 20 cfm at 90 to 100 psi when using a CLEMCO ClemCool, CAT, or CCT air-control devices.
• A breathing-air filter, such as CLEMCO CPF, to remove oil mist, moisture, particles, and odors
• Carbon monoxide monitor and alarm, such as CLEMCO’s CMS-4.
• Protective clothing, and hearing and eye protection.
APPROVALS and CERTIFICATIONS:
• NIOSH-approved Type CE continuous flow supplied-air respirator
• NIOSH approval no. TC-19C-130 • OSHA Assigned Protection Factor: 1000 x PEL for hazardous substances
• ANSI Z89.1-2003 Type 1, Class G protective helmet (hard hat)
• ANSI Z 3.19: Noise Reduction Rating— 8 dB (with web suspension), 9 dB (with DLX suspension)